I have since implemented a newer kernel release (thanks to Debian Backports) we went from 2.6.26-2-amd64 to 3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64.
I would declare this currently a testing install (haven’t set this kernel to the default boot kernel yet).
I have also disabled NTP for the time being until tomorrow to make sure we don’t have a kernel panic.
If you notice the server go down at all please rest assured that I’m working on it and will have it back up quickly.
If it doesn’t come up quickly feel free to drop a message on our Facebook page or our Google Plus page
So if anyone has been having issues emailing to gmail users lately I finally found out why.
OpenDNS apparently is having kittens doing proper resolves for any of it.
Now if you’re an OpenDNS user you might say my settings were wrong or something.
Well I reviewed all my settings (disabled all security stuff and filtering) and I would get a bunch of NXDOMAIN(3) errors.
gmail.com has address 22.214.171.124
gmail.com has address 126.96.36.199
Host gmail.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Whereas using he.net’s dns:
gmail.com has address 188.8.131.52
gmail.com has address 184.108.40.206
gmail.com has IPv6 address 2607:f8b0:4009:802::1016
gmail.com mail is handled by 10 alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 20 alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 30 alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 40 alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 5 gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
Quite a big difference eh?
So for the time being we will stop using OpenDNS as our primary dns provider until the issue is resolved.read more
The tech finally finished work on our DSL.
He had to change our physical phone connection three times to an unused line on the pole.
As far as reliability is concerned it “should” be better than what we have been going through.
Some time this month we will be moving server locations and possibly a different carrier.
More info will be provided once we figure out which one to go with.
Sorry for the downtime folks but sadly these things happen on occasion.
(The server is running fine just to let you know!)read more
So you have probably noticed that Inexistence has been going up and down like a yo-yo lately.
I’ve been posting notices on our Facebook, Google+, and my Twitter feed about it but I can finally post here.
It’s not the server it’s the internet connection.
We have a Cincinnati Bell technician coming out today (01/09/2012)
at 9 AM between 12 and 4 PM to try and fix the issue.
Be prepared for some downtime while they scratch their head attempting to fix it.
Keep your fingers crossed that they can.
This is all for now.read more
So I downgraded from the svn version of z-push 2 alpha to the stable z-push 1.5.6-954.
It fixes iOS sync issues (basically 100% worthless to even try and use the other version.)
So if you’re using push services you will probably have to once again re-add the exchange account.
I also did a svn pull of round cube tonight.
Did an apt-get upgrade of the following:
dovecot libperl-dev libperl5.10 libsoup-gnome2.4-1 libsoup2.4-1
perl perl-base perl-doc perl-modules perl-suid
pure-ftpd got an upgrade tonight as well.
mod_cloudflare was updated.
Additionally I got to update my iPhone and push notifications still work yippee!read more
So late last night we had a storm of epic proportions which caused quite a bit of flooding to occur.
While the server is fine it fried our network router / switch entirely.
I brought over my secondary repeating router to fill in the service gap for now.
We really need to get / replace the current router with a different one as this is only a stopgap solution.
If you are a current user of inexistence and enjoy our services then I please ask you to donate
any amount to help fix this massive issue.
You can use the button below to help out:read more